wolfsong.thepoet@gmail.com
www.jamendo.com

******************************************************

Please remember to go to the pages of the albums you like and make a comment. If you enjoy and download for free . . . Freely give your appreciation . . . with your words.


Friday, April 12, 2013

Music Reviews Early April . . . (Cont.)




GingerTom, "GingerTom's Rockquiem: A Dress Rehearsal To Die For"

http://www.jamendo.com/en/list/a120208/gingertom-s-rockquiem-a-dress-rehearsal-to-die-for

The entire package is well worth the listen . . Hear and read the entire story in context and enjoy the excellent music . . . Visions of a stage play dance in my head . .


By the way ...  I wrote a whole series of reviews for all the tracks:

Track 1:  Subtly dark with a glimmer of humor . . . vivid with horrible orange and purple outfits and giddy directors . . . solemnity approaches . . with the night and the moon and magical music . . . This is a lovely piece . . . I found myself listening to it several times . . . and I am eager to hear the coming episodes . . . keep 'em coming, GingerTom . . .

Track 2:  Okay . . so I dance too . . . not as a V.V. but as a person charmed by this sprightly and effervescent music . . a smile on my face . . this is a funeral? Forgive me . . . I'm going to enjoy this again!

Track 3:  Delicate and pretty . . . it was hard to qualify this music with all these nasty characters in this play . . . although with a subtle and suitable dignity as it slowly marched past . . . A quiet beauty glides by . .


Track 4:  What a drama .. .. I tried to imagine myself marching to this and could only picture a disgraceful fall . . . of course I had to giggle because I knew I'd had a little too much to drink . . and well, so had everyone else . . . I found the music to be quite lovely . . . with a grace of it's own; GT just keeps getting better and better at these compositions of his, and is so able to project exactly what he is trying to share . . . these stories are imaginative and delightful . . . and the whole package is so superb that the mental pictures of the listener fills the visual void with exactly what is needed.

Track 5:  Your story gives me a chuckle . . . and the music inspires me . . . beautiful, dramatic, introspective. I hope people are starting at the beginning to find the story line . .. This is such fun!

Track 6:  This one is sentimental and simply beautiful with a lovely flow and a dreamy atmosphere . . . I found myself being quite moved by it . . . Must be still a lot of love there for this music to come out the way it did . . in regards to the story. I think it's one of my GT favorites!

Track 7:  Loved this piece. . . . more than once . . .Found it to be beautiful . . and touching. There was some sentimentality here . . . a bit of wistfulness which fills the tired, aching heart with some moments of contemplation or dreaminess . . which goes well with a warm cup of tea . . or a close dance with your loved one . . .. I also found it inspiring to my artistic side . . . the poet and the dreamer . . Give me your sorrows . . . for so many can not bear them . . . give them to me and in my eyes there will glisten . . . the portal to tomorrow . . . there you will find the sunshine for which your heart craves . . . the dreams that will be answered with a touch of love and peace . . .

Track 8:  Kind of upbeat and spooky . . with a wispy sound that seems to emanate from everywhere . . . Loved the humor in the scene too . .. everybody loves a good zombie . . . but blonds may fail to get the humor to the "no brains" bit . . . maybe "Where are the brains?" or pointing at the audience . . "Got brains?" . . . anyway, just adding my two bits here . . . I certainly don't have any brains to spare!!!! Loved the music which made me smile!

Track 9:  Really . . I agree with Jamalien . . . the music just keeps getting better and better . . . this was a heart lifter . .. all bad vibes are exorcised exactly as described . . . Seems to have a soothing, calming atmosphere attached to all this zombie fighting . . . and perhaps putting the prime zombie back into its place is the first step to a better day . . . Excellent music . .. it keeps pace with itself and remains smooth and effortless as this musician gains in experience and creativity!

Track 10:  Oh good grief . . this one brought me to tears . .. something so sweet and sentimental . . something tender and dreamy . . "a silent prayer to put all our souls at rest." Not so silent but full of boundless glory . . a glimpse into heaven or beyond? This one is truly glorious . . . a celestial moment . . The strings lifting higher and higher . . . carrying my heart along . . . and the blue of the sky, beyond the clouds . . . filling my wings with hope and love . . . bless you, GT, for your gift to our souls . ..

Track 11:  And the coffin is carted around . . . a box of useless bones . . some drama to this rock piece . . . a feel of marching around (seriously I am not one for ceremonies . . . like funerals or weddings . . . so forgive the little bit of irreverence here) and the smell of mounds of flowers is overwhelming so excuse me if I sneeze. Everyone is tense and anxious, waiting for the coffin to go under . . . is the lid sealed sufficiently . . . is he truly dead? … . and that last expletive of the director's . . . leaves me in anticipation.

Track 12:  This one was sweet and highly unusual as it seemed to have a spirit follower or shadow . . perhaps a reflection . . . a dreamy quality, yet troubled . . . . like following a pathway in the early Spring . . the shifts from warm sunshine to cold shade . . . I think this piece subtly (and perhaps unconsciously) symbolizes the dynamics of this story, which alternates from emotional to frivolous . . . from sorrow to joy . . . from beginning to end . . . and especially expresses a sort of ambivalence in the heart of the creator of this musical opera . . . Just a note to the musician . . . always follow your heart . . . where ever it may lead you . .. I have enjoyed your music so much and I understand how you feel about exposure . . . It's difficult for artists nowadays because there are so many of us and so many types of media, platforms and venues . . . So we remind ourselves, constantly, "I do it because I love it . . . and when I stop loving it . . . I move on!"

Track 13:   OOPS . .  never did write a review for this last track . . . but loved the whole thing . .  obviously!



************************************************************
Mancy, "Marzenia ulotne"

http://www.jamendo.com/en/list/a120326/marzenia-ulotne

Exceptionally beautiful . . . emotional . . dreamily sentimental or uplifting and full of sprites . . . This music takes you places . . anywhere you want to go . . 'tis a time machine . . . capable of taking you back into the heart pleasures of your past . . . But Mancy has always had this magic . . . so I am not surprised that I felt bubbles in my heart and I felt as if I could fly as I listened . . .


******************************************************************************

Music that Captivated my Attention and gave me a Wonderful Day!

MarkyD, "Off The Grid"

http://www.jamendo.com/en/list/a118795/off-the-grid

Dreamy . . . relaxing . . a gentle place to gather thoughts or sleep and dream . . . this music has quiet spaces and nature sounds along with the perfect flow of melody . . 

******************

Kämmerer, "Akamas Run"

http://www.jamendo.com/en/list/a118788/akamas-run

Oh my . . how I fly to music like this . . . the beat is up and the sounds vibrate through my bones . .. my dance is trance and my visions are clear . . give me space . . and time and I will dance a hole through this rhyme . . (sorry 'bout that but the album was really super fine!)

***********************

Aural Night, "The Human Cosmos"

http://www.jamendo.com/en/list/a118823/the-human-cosmos

The sounds of humanity . . war . . peace . . . life . . . death . . . 
and the music to surround it all . . with compassion and anguish . . .
from within the heart of love . .. so moving, sometimes, as to find me adrift
in a sea of stars . . . floating on hope . . . filled with love . . . Spectacular!

*********************************************************************

JCRZ, "RADIO ROBOT (Redux Version)

http://www.jamendo.com/en/list/a120302/radio-robot-redux-version

When I think of JCRZ, I think of the word "dynamic!" That holds true in every case regarding whatever sounds he uses . .. His techno/electronic is always, consistently good, professional and creative . . . Never a sour note . . .

**************************************************************

Pictures, "Blumen und Maschinen"

http://www.jamendo.com/en/list/a120183/blumen-und-maschinen

Startlingly unique . . . this music cleared my brain cobwebs in an afternoon of work . . . my eyes so droopy as I faded away . . and then I put on this music . . and new electricity, crystal clear vibrations . . . refreshed my soul. The melodies . . so lovely; the sonorous tones gave me the sensation of a quest . . . a voyage into the heart . . . the cosmos . .. it made me feel as if I were dreaming impossible dreams . . seeing colors, never before seen . . . diving, flying into liquid oceans . . Certainly a captivating album . . . certainly worth many listenings . .. a place on this weeks playlist . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment