wolfsong.thepoet@gmail.com
www.jamendo.com

******************************************************

Please remember to go to the pages of the albums you like and make a comment. If you enjoy and download for free . . . Freely give your appreciation . . . with your words.


Monday, April 15, 2013

Reviews from October 2012




Jazz Street Trio, "Tomorrow Is"

http://www.jamendo.com/en/list/a114694/tomorrow-is

I forgot how much I loved this one man band . . the trio improvisation is awesome . . . such mellow jazz that it melts the harsh ends of the day like butter in the Autumn sun . . . this is NOT to be missed by those blued by the approaching Winter and the short days . . I could sit in the silence of the rain and listen to this warm moody music for hours . . . and I will . . .


*********************************************************************

Artist Share:
Kamarius

http://www.jamendo.com/en/artist/347891/kamarius

The sweet waves of cool music ride over my soul as I listen . . my dreams take me on long voyages . .. my strength and my longings give me poetry and vision . . . and I fly in the waves . . through the stars of the heavens . . . the ancient wisdoms sooth my heart . . .


*********************************************************************


atw, "Entspann Dich"

http://www.jamendo.com/en/list/a114523/entspann-dich

I feel so calm and relaxed . . . 

these melodies floated like the breeze into my soul . . 
a warm breeze, like a god sized sigh of contentment . . . 
Sometimes we need these quiet moments . . . 
Where the clouds decorate our blue skies .. . 
and where the birds fly . . 
there we are taken . . 
with our dreams and memories. I need that today . . .

****************************************************************


HyparxisProject, "The Priestess"

http://www.jamendo.com/en/list/a114129/the-priestess#

This is Livio Amato's . . . along with the vocals of his beloved Muse . . . Sara . . . who has left him bereft, and lonely, and thus, he says that he will not return to creating music . . .this will be his last offering and on this note, has made me very sad . . . for I loved his piano work so much . . but then, here in this astonishing album . . . I find such an extraordinary, celestial beauty . . . like poetry on the breeze, it touches my soul . . . it tears into my heart . . .


********************************************************************

Aba Made Sound, "NU AFROBEAT"

http://www.jamendo.com/en/list/a114444/nu-afrobeat

You (the reader) need some jazzy, funky, Afro-beats in your life, and YOU know it . . . start playing this snappy stuff and just TRY to stay still . . . I dare you . . . These pieces bring the warm sunshine and upbeat dance to your stultified life . . . and in the listening you are happy, lively and aware . . . your health increases and you find the energy you need to do what you need to do . . .


*********************************************************************


GingerTom, "Wolfsong"

http://www.jamendo.com/en/list/a114315/wolfsong

Here is my review from the last time:

How could I resist when I saw this one on the list of new albums . . . I think I've said something about it before . . I don't remember what . . . "Wolfsong," the song, is one of the sweetest guitar/violin melodies . . sentimental and dear to me for some reason. . . These tunes may have a twang in them, or maybe a tang, like orange juice in the morning . .. a pick-you-up and smack your face full of sunshine kind of twang . . And though your feet may tap as you listen to the rhythms . . . you are likely to feel a strong sense of sentimentality, loss, and romance behind a few of these . . . and then of course, there is the silly, "Chicken Hiccups" . . . which brings up the question . . where do these musicians get the ideas and titles for their songs, anyway? Overall . . these are beautiful tunes . .. a lovely listen . . .

AND of course I MUST thank the musician for honoring me in this way . . I am touched more than he could possibly know.


***********************************************************************


Pascal SER'JACOBS, "Paradoxe humain. . !!"

http://www.jamendo.com/en/list/a114316/paradoxe-humain..

There was some magic in these pieces . . . or something ethereal . .. like a trip into space as we float through the elements of the universe . . . like a flight through the soul where we find angels . . . and demons . .. at times a cry of despair ascends the wall of music and takes flight with us . . and we are moved by the magic in this music . .


***********************************************************************

Rune, "The Wind calls your name (Single2012)

http://www.jamendo.com/en/list/a114386/the-wind-calls-your-name-single2012

A gentle storm at night . . 

the wind howls around the shelter and the birds call wistfully . . . 
a dream catches hold and brings music to the periphery of the senses . .. 
quietly it flows like the tears from the sky . . . 
distant sounding . . 
like angels hovering in the clouds . .. 
imagined stars lighting up the dark 
and giving song like bells of beauty or crystal vibrating . . . . 
the harmony of everlasting nature and the unseen . .. 
the turbulent soul is calmed by the winds of the night . . . 
Beautiful, Rune . . I love your peaceful pieces . . . so quiet and calm and very creative . .

******************************************************************


Artist Share: Spisfire

http://www.jamendo.com/en/artist/347205/spisfire

Another favorite of mine is Spisfire, . . . his music is so eclectic, bright, energizing and enlightening . . .. often of Asian or Aboriginal flavors. . . centered on people and the deepest primitive contact we have with our earth . . the world intervenes and a halo of natural sounds immerses itself with the incense of exotic instruments . .. it feels as if there is an inner gallop . . . as if the horse of our dreams is taking us on a ride deep into our emotions and imagination . . . or perhaps we sail over the abyss of the oceans . . . riding the long green waves . . . At any rate we find we travel far as we listen to this extraordinary music . . .

14 albums: nearly 100 tracks of excellent music . . .

My Orangeupurple review on "Natural"
http://www.jamendo.com/en/list/a82372/natural

(Spisfire's music is always exceptionally catchy, moving and lovely with a slightly spacey feel in the clarity and tempo of the sounds. I love the sprightly beats he uses and the various sounds which portray deep feelings of mystery and awe . . . . "Earth Paradise" felt like a long gallop along the beautiful oceans and through the forests and valleys . . . with the natural sounds of birds and ocean waves keeping us company. . . and imagining the sunlight on our cheeks, brightening our outlooks on life . . . earth IS beautiful . . . its up to us to keep it that way . . . "Somewhere in a deep forest" is so touching to me . . . This one has the beat of a good run through a forest . . full of life and joy and appealing to all the senses. As you listen to the music, you can visualize this forest, smell, touch and dream it . . . this song is gorgeous! I love the way it drifts into the distance as it comes to an end. "Atmo+sph2air" with its powerful beat and distant forest sounds . . made me breath deeply as I listened, trying to gather into my lungs the green exhalations of the trees . . . "Atlantis storm" had a thunderous start and included hesitant and quiet instruments with a long droning in the background . .. an interesting and experimental type of song but beautiful and peaceful . . . I loved the twinkling lights of "Entomophonia" with the bongos and the other powerful percussions . . . this piece gave me wings . . . super! All the music, including "Feel the music," has a special, positive beat that seems to be a signature sound of Spisfire . . . its happy, fast and inclusive, in that it makes you feel that you are part of the music. I used these tracks to relax with as I spent an evening at home but I think that some of these songs would be excellent as dance tracks . . . This type of music also speaks to the listener and inspires them to become more creative. M^^W)


*********************************************************
Artist Share: Tetra

http://www.jamendo.com/en/artist/354586/tetra

One of Jamendo's little known sweet secrets . . . Dig around in the dusty corners of Jamendo and find music to suit every need and occupation . . . In the years of the past, when I walked to and from work (2 hours daily) I used the "Walking" album of Tetra's to energize me, and found it to be perfect . . putting me into the mood and energy to walk . . even in the darkest mornings and grayest skies, I found a ray of sunshine glinting off the music to warm my mood . . .

My original review: (I was commissioned, by a friend, to find an older album that I liked and I picked this one as one of my favorites for walking. . . I do a lot of walking and it helps to have a sprightly, non-complicated music to set the pace and encourage me with a sparkling nature. This is one that I can count on as it has a nice beat and some vague flavors of places around the world. I hear the Middle East in "Walking 5" and the Far East in "Walking 4." But, that may be in my imagination . . . and here again I wish to point out that music is alway my best hope in staying connected to the imaginative side of me . . . All the music, together on this album, work well to maintain a flow for my walk. I have always wished it were a tiny bit longer, but that is only a minor complaint.)

And "Encounters" with it's adventure story regarding the "Survivors" group . . . Tetra tells quite a good tale and got us hooked, not only on these lovely, energetic instrumental pieces, but on the story of survival during the age of early mankind. And I am still waiting for the sequel . . .


************************************************************

Jam is good . ..
a jewel of Fall . .
sweet like the cooling breezes
flavored with happy dreams . . .
reflecting blue skies and
golden honey bees . . ..
preserved to brighten
the gray winter days
with the flavors of summer . . .
a gift of memories gone by,
taste and be glad . . .
a treasure . .
defined!


***********************************************************

Van Syla, "Reveries"

http://www.jamendo.com/en/list/a114290/reveries

Thanks, Van Syla, for finally releasing this lovely instrumental, independent of the vocals and poetry . . and thanks for sharing the links . . . This is a beautiful piece . . . with lots of tenderness . . . a peaceful and dreamy melody . . .


************************************************************

GingerTom, "Orphanage of the Dark Nun"

http://www.jamendo.com/en/list/a114300/orphanage-of-the-dark-nun

This artist has written a spine numbing haunted story . . . along with the emotional . . eerie music to give you the gift of vision . . . to hear and see . . to feel the anxiety and fear . . . .this is a great Halloween story . . . enjoy with the lights low, on a dark, dark night, and the imagination on over-drive . . . and you will find your heart pounding and your eyes darting about as the fog parts to reveal drifting figures . .. hold your breath . . sit very very still and maybe .. . they won't see you . . .


***********************************************************

SnakesArt, "Endless and the instrumental Rock Ballads 2008-2012

http://www.jamendo.com/en/list/a114272/endless-and-the-instrumental-rock-ballads-2008-2012

Purely heart captivating and lovely . . . 

Endless is the Universe . . 
endless the stars in the sky . . . 
beautiful is the music . . . 
filling me with joy . . . 
Excellent guitar work . . . inspiring melodies . .. a pleasure to hear . . .

*************************************************************


Rune, "As we once under wolves (Single2012)

http://www.jamendo.com/en/list/a114180/as-we-once-under-wolves-single2012

Anything regarding wolves captures my attention . . . so of course, I had to explore this album . .. the wolves howl . . . and there is an ancient feel to the sounds of crackling . . and a rhythmic beat of a gong, as if time were passing by . . . The balance of life is so fragile . . will we lose our friend in the wilderness . . forever . . . can we ever make amends . . . and heal the rift between the wolves and ourselves? . . . This music was quite striking and appealing in a gentle, calming nature . . .


************************************************************

Noblemo "piano, soundtrack, lounge" , "Around the World"

http://www.jamendo.com/en/list/a113948/around-the-world

What a lovely concept, to accompany these lovely, sparkly piano pieces . . . to share one's art . . . and imagine it traveling to the ears, eyes and heart of people all around the world . . . Music is so unique to the creator . .. something special, something creative shining from the soul of the composer . . . as his fingers flow over the keys of the piano .. .. his spiritual essence becomes part of the texture and atmosphere of his music . .. like incense to the air . . this musical message to the ear . . .. is poetry to the soul . . .


***********************************************************

Synthirius, "In Memoriam"

http://www.jamendo.com/en/list/a114118/in-memoriam

Steven, I am so sorry for the loss of your beloved mother . . . but here, we have this beautiful . . . gracefully celestial music, which would touch her so deeply . . . and thus we are moved . . . perhaps, because, her presence is in this music . . . something of her is woven through . . for communion runs deeply between us, creatures of this earth, . . . you, her son, weaves her spirit through your artistic expressions . . and offers it to the world, as a gift . . . and those of us, who accept it . . receiving this communion . . . are greatly enriched . . .


**********************************************************


Rogier van den Brink, "Zsa Zsa Exactly"

http://www.jamendo.com/en/list/a114122/zsa-zsa-exactly

I planned to listen only for a moment . . . but then I was so totally compelled to stay because of the buoyant quality of the music and vocals in that first pop/rock song, "Heroine" . . . so I turned off all the outside distractions and focused on this album . . . I do really like the flexible voice of this male singer . . . the lyrics and the instrumental music is also very nicely done . . . My favorite song, "The Night and Me 1" is so beautiful . . . it's almost magical . . . and although I have heard that one many times before . . . I love hearing it many times again . . . I am guessing that these are Rogier's best songs gathered together under one roof . .. a nice place to settle down and relax and listen to the beautiful music . .. Hmmmm . . . or dance . . to the tune of "Better Than Lovers" . . . which is quite catchy and exotically unique. . .

Rogier . .. are you a professional singer? Your singing . . . is breathtaking . . . ("At The End Of The Day") The entertainment value in this album is quite high . . .


************************************************************


JCRZ, "Relooped"

http://www.jamendo.com/en/list/a112213/relooped

JCRZ is one of the best electronic/chill artists on Jamendo . . . Keep this album handy and if you need some energy to get yourself moving . . well, there you have it . . . for instance, I'm playing this, early in the morning at work, . . . along with my coffee and this pleasant-to-the-ears sound as motivational and energizing medicine . . . I feel my soul catching fire . . . Excellent!


*********************************************************

No comments:

Post a Comment